WireShark is a free and open source network protocol analyzer. WireShark is used worldwide by a variety of security professionals in government, law enforcement, business and academia. WireShark is considered by many as the standard for network forensics tools on the market.
WireShark has a rich set of features and functions which allow cybersecurity professionals to capture and analyze a variety of network phenomena. This includes tools for examining packet contents, extracting valuable data and analyzing protocol statistics.
- Live and offline packet caputure and analysis
- Deep packet inspection
- VoIP Analysis
- Works with multiple operating systems
- Real time display filters
- Capture multiple file formats
- Capture data from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others
WireShark can be downloaded for free on the developer's website. Multiple options and versions are available for different operating systems.